Thursday, May 28, 2009

Synth Project



While i was tinkering with the synthesizer for this project, i ended up making this kinda fluty sound, and it made me think of an ocarina, and then i went with that to refine it and make this cover of the lost woods theme from the "Legend of Zelda" series. The ocarina is a high tension sine wave, i believe, with some "noise" put in to give it a windy sound. the second synth sound that i needed for my project is the background sound that i made. it is to sounds overlapping, one a bent saw wave and i think the other is a triangle wave. i added the filters to taste, and put them through some FX. The envelopes were ok, though i had to redo them after i had been messing with the preset ones. so, after making the two sounds, i added some preset sounds to flesh out the rest of the song- the tambourine sounding thing, a drum sound, and a bass sound that comes in later. Anyway, i really hope you like this song, 'cause i put a lot of work into getting the song right, and i really like what came out. this may be my favorite project so far :)

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. As someone who's played Zelda... ALOT, i can say you definitely got all the parts right. I like the sound of the 'ocarina' and the windy feel it has.

    Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how this brings back the memories. Like it was only yesterday, running for my life, cutting down grass for rupees, and getting lost. Good times. Great job on the cover. I like the sound, and I thought you did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good Devin. The synth sounds you created fit the atmosphere well. I'm not too familiar with Zelda, but the mix is good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete