Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The return of the Third Project!!!! (and all the better for it)



The first version of this didn't sound as good after a few more listens, and especially after seeing those other posts. so, i reworked it. I didn't change the background, but i did add a "pulse"- a kick drum line that sounds like a pulse. I also added a second melody bit that had a background piano. I think that this sounds kind of like the trance is in your head. which is often where a trance is, so that works for me. I think this sounds much better, and i hope that you agree.

4 comments:

  1. Wowy...there's some awesome improvements on this one!!! Good idea adding in the pulse-drum thing; that provides a base for the tune. The melodies blend nicely now, no more "bashing head" lines to the ear. Is there any way you can tone down that "waw-waw" line when the other lines come in, that way they can shine a bit more??? Other than that, I'm very impressed with how you reworked this. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. I didnt hear it before it was changed so i dont know how it was improved, but this version is defintely almost perfect. I really like the heart beat sound, it helps to fall into a trance with its repetitiveness, but its soothing and not annoying.

    The only thing i think could be fixed was if you turned the wahwah sound down just a tiny bit so the other melody wont seem as quiet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree to turn down the 'wahwah' sound (sounds like what we're learning in the next project), but I like how the beginning and end fit, but they lead you to believe that it could also go in a completely different direction (a slow one). Sounds almost like it could be in a movie. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is better Devin, but I just can't warm up to that wah-wah sound that keeps going over and over. Also, your bass drum is so low, it's clipping and breaking up.

    ReplyDelete